RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

N40L Blue screening with USB modem

cw-kid

Hi

My HP N40L Microserver seems to have developed a blue screening issue when I have a USB modem connected and it only blue screens when I restart or attempt to shutdown the server. 

This USB modem has been connected for ages for callerid and has only just started causing problems. 

I don't have any drivers for the modem, windows just detected it etc. 

Which chipset drivers should I be using? The ones from the HP website here dated: 

•  
  • Version:  8.73.4
  • Date: 8 Sep 2010
  •  

or some newer ones from the AMD website some where? I believe the chipset is a 785E.

Thanks

On Wed 22/05/2013 09:24:13 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\052213-53211-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: usbport.sys (USBPORT+0x16F4B) 
Bugcheck code: 0xFE (0x4, 0xFFFFFA8006D25C60, 0xFFFFFA80071D8360, 0xFFFFFA80071DA010)
Error: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbport.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an error has occurred in a Universal Serial Bus (USB) driver.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

When I click on obtain software on the HP website it takes me to an AMD page and says no documents found. So I can't even download the chipset drivers from HP now. 

Maybe they are here

AMD 785E | SB8X0 Chipset -

AMD Embedded GPU and Chipset Vista/Win7 Driver

Looks to be ATI Graphics / AHCI and USB drivers in this package.

I know the graphics on the HP Microserver is an ATI HD 4200, the currently installed AHCI driver is a Microsoft one from 2006. 

HP Microserver N40L specs can be seen here.

Edited by cw-kid

Well I fixed the blue screen issue, I installed some different drivers for the Conexant CX93010 modem from 2009, the problems drivers were from 2008. 

Still not sure if those AMD Graphics / Chipset drivers were the right ones? as it was saying:

The AMD Vision Engine Control Center is not support by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter.

So I uninstalled them but least the blue screen has stopped.