RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

HP logo light.

Krueger86

What is the easiest was to eliminate this glaring little light. Man, why did they have to make it so bright? I thought about just cutting the wires. But, I might want to hook it back up at some point and time. But for now that blue light has got to go.

You could remove the top cover and either put black electrical tape over the diffuser or remove the LED from the diffuser and tuck it into the case somewhere.

I tried electrical tape.  But that light shines right through.  I will try tucking it in the case and see how that works.

You could always hack a dimmer switch on to it?  Maybe one you could control or program?  Blinking lights?

The light is an LED.  Really all it is going to take is for someone to determine which wire to cut and insert a resistor (or potentiometer) to reduce the current to the LED.

Maybe a good mod for someone to develop.  I might even try it myself if I get some time.

EDIT - BTW the has to be a way to control it with software because this light is a health indicator........

The light is an LED.  Really all it is going to take is for someone to determine which wire to cut and insert a resistor (or potentiometer) to reduce the current to the LED.

Maybe a good mod for someone to develop.  I might even try it myself if I get some time.

EDIT - BTW the has to be a way to control it with software because this light is a health indicator........

Health indicator?  How does that function.  BTW.  I pulled it and tucked it behind the molex connectors for the drive cage.  Can still see something if I try.  But, no big blue light!