RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

I Need a Tutorial(s) on Setup & Implementation of a RAC for a HP Proliant N54L

Just Checking

I have the RAC installed in the server but it isn't recognized and the ethernet port doesn't communicate.   I think CSKenney mentioned that BIOS changes need to be made to get the card to operate but he stated he didn't have a RAC in his server. 

I couldn't find any white pages, tutorials, or much info about how to install, setup, or utilize the RAC at the HP website.

Any suggestions or links here on setup & installation of the RAC in the N54L server?

You plugged an Ethernet cable into the RAC, right? Put the IP address assigned to the RAC in your web browser on another PC. Does it bring up a web page for access?

Did you try the manual? http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02948881.pdf

Looks like it does not need anything configured in Bios to work except for DHCP or static IP.

Thanks for the link to this manual.  I downloaded a different one than this which was not correct and it confused the heck out of me.   This manual, Starting at Page 9 has pretty detailed information on setup and configuration.   I will try that.  

These HP manuals have more acronyms than the military.   It gets quite confusing.  I spend half my time finding out the meaning of the terms.

You plugged an Ethernet cable into the RAC, right? Put the IP address assigned to the RAC in your web browser on another PC. Does it bring up a web page for access?

Yes I did plug a ethernet cable into the RAC and put the monitor on the VGA port.   The monitor was blank and the ethernet cable and port to my laptop showed no activity.   I also looked into the device manager on the OS of the server and the RAC was not seen.   That's why I posted this.  I knew I was not doing something correctly.

If (when) you get this sorted out if would probably be helpful to our community if you could report back on the issues you had and what it took to solve them.  It may be as simple as following the manual above but sometimes it's easier for people to find the info if it's actually discussed in our forums.

Good luck....I hope the manual does the trick and you get it working.  I have thought about buying a RAC just so I could mess around with it but I don't think I need the capabilities of the card for my installation.