RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Play To App for Windows Phone 8

vinylfreak

Just installed this on my Nokia 920. Streamed Music , Photos and Video from my phone to my HTPC (Windows 8) , which is hooked up to my Panasonic Plasma , without issue. 1080p video from 920 looked stunning on the Plasma. Pretty cool app overall. You do have to enable all of this within Windows Media Player streaming settings for all of this to work correctly. Took me 30 seconds. ;-D

http://thenextweb.com/apps/2013/05/10/nokia-play-to-for-windows-phone-8-comes-out-of-beta-lets-you-push-photos-videos-and-music-to-dlna-devices/

Did you have to have any hands on with the HTPC or did it just start playing?  This is awesome by the way. I was just commenting about how I like Airplay.  Another checkbox filled for Nokia's Windows Phone.

Did you have to have any hands on with the HTPC or did it just start playing?  This is awesome by the way. I was just commenting about how I like Airplay.  Another checkbox filled for Nokia's Windows Phone.

You have to make sure Windows Media Player is Open and that the Stream settings within Media Player are checked off To Automatically let devices stream to it. That's it.

That's great news VF. Along the same lines, yesterday I connected a WD TV Live to my Sony Bravia via HDMI and was able to Play To it from my MS Surface. I really haven't used Play To much at all. It's very cool.

• 3 weeks later...
Did you have to have any hands on with the HTPC or did it just start playing? This is awesome by the way. I was just commenting about how I like Airplay. Another checkbox filled for Nokia's Windows Phone.

You have to make sure Windows Media Player is Open and that the Stream settings within Media Player are checked off To Automatically let devices stream to it. That's it.

Isn't that just for the initial setup. Once setup don't you just use play to and go.

Did you have to have any hands on with the HTPC or did it just start playing? This is awesome by the way. I was just commenting about how I like Airplay. Another checkbox filled for Nokia's Windows Phone.You have to make sure Windows Media Player is Open and that the Stream settings within Media Player are checked off To Automatically let devices stream to it. That's it.
Isn't that just for the initial setup. Once setup don't you just use play to and go.

Did you have to have any hands on with the HTPC or did it just start playing? This is awesome by the way. I was just commenting about how I like Airplay. Another checkbox filled for Nokia's Windows Phone.You have to make sure Windows Media Player is Open and that the Stream settings within Media Player are checked off To Automatically let devices stream to it. That's it.

Yes you are correct sir.

That is the initial setup .

It should only have to be done once.