RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Have a WD Red drive? Want to get WindowSMART 2013 for free?

msawyer91

I'm looking for a willing volunteer from which I could borrow, for approximately one or two weeks, a Western Digital Red drive for testing WindowSMART 2013.

In return, you will receive your choice of one of the following:

1) Ten (10) licenses for WindowSMART 2013 Professional edition for your place of business

2) Ten (10) licenses for WindowSMART 2013 Professional edition for home use--one license for you and nine additional licenses for you to share with family and friends. This latter option will be licensed as "Professional for home use" meaning a single professional license is good for all PCs in the home

As a show of good faith, I will issue half of the licenses prior to you shipping the drive.

I will NOT be doing any type of stress testing of the drive. In fact, the amount of time it will be powered on should be fairly minimal. My goal is to learn how these new NAS drives report SMART so that WindowSMART and Home Server SMART 2013 can report them correctly.

If you're interested, please shoot me a PM. For more information about who we are please visit www.dojonorthsoftware.net. We are a limited liability company (LLC) in Michigan. Our contact info is below:

Dojo North Software, LLC

c/o Matthew Sawyer, Owner

49434 Tarrytown Ct.

Shelby Township, MI 48315

Phone number and email address are on the website; I'm not listing them here because on the website they're rendered via JavaScript which effectively blocks most spammers and telemarketers.