RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Remotewebaccess and unable to RDP to client PCs

Jason

Is anyone else able to login to their WS2012E server (server.remotewebaccess.com) and RDP into a client PC?  When I do this, client PCs show correctly as "available" but when I try to login to any, I receive error - your account is not authorized to access the RD Gateway, etc.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Drashna Jaelre

• jmwills

• Jason

• jem101

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you grant the account the access.

Yes.  This same error is received no matter the user logging into the Anywhere Access web site - user or admin.  Even using the serveradmin credentials.  Does it work for anyone?

This is beginning to sound like a Group Policy blocking access.  Can you run a GPRresult and see if it is denied.

Do you recall the name of the policy I'm looking for? Same issue seems to be happening on all of my domain machines.

If you run GPResult or Resultant Set of Policy form a client, it will show all GP's in place. 

Bit of a shot in the dark but is your S2012e server included in the RAS and IAS Servers group in AD? If not try adding it in and give it another go.

John

My SERVER is in the IAS and RAS group.  I noticed this Event ID 201 appears on the server for any attempt to RDP over RWA:

The user "DOMAIN\jmiles", on client computer "192.168.0.1", did not meet connection authorization policy requirements and was therefore not authorized to access the RD Gateway server. The authentication method used was: "NTLM" and connection protocol used: "RPC-HTTP". The following error occurred: "23003".