RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

HELP! No Drives in N54L after Icy Dock Install

SmokinOakum

I don't know what's going on. I've followed the direction here on installing the Icy Dock, but now the BIOS is not showing in drives. I've even put the 250GB Drive that came with the server in the first bay down bottom and still no drive! I either must be looking in the wrong place in the BIOS or something is very wrong. No option in the Boot menu and both the IDE and AHCI section of the advance tab has ports 0 through 5 as [not detected]. Please help me. I'm kinda bumed.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cskenney

• jmwills

• ikon

• SmokinOakum

Wow, the front right connector (Black connector right beside the front right MOBO screw) looks like it's missing a pin! I assume that there should be 2 full rows of 9?On the back row three from the right, there is no pin?

For the hard drive cage you should be checking the black cable on the left behind the left mobo screw. It has a silver metal clip.  Then there are the 4 molex power plugs.

Ok, one of my problems was the Hard drive cage black cable was not secure I guess. Now the BIOS sees the Hard drive in port 0 and I also got the BIOS to see the drives in port 4 and 5 as long as I didn't use the Icy Dock. so there is where my problem is. Any Ideas.

So with the SATA connector plugged directly into the drive the BIOS detects it but if you plug the SATA cable into the ICYDock and then put the drive in the dock it won't work?

Did you push the power button on the ICYDock for the drive you want to use?

Wow! I feel like a total newby! That was it. I guess you tend to overlook the easy and think the worst.