RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Using ehome IR receiver and remote in WHS2011?

Krueger86

Has anyone tried or had success with using an ehome receiver and remote in WHS2011. I have an extra dongle with remote and a Microsoft WMC keyboard that works great in MCE 2005. I was hoping to use the keyboard on both systems.

Is there drivers I can install to try to get this to work in WHS2011?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, it's possible.

Since WHS2011 is based on Server 2008 R2, you can use this file from my SkyDrive. http://sdrv.ms/15c0o3W

Unzip it on your server and use Command Prompt to run the install.cmd and it will install the driver and certificate.

John.

John - so Windows did not have a driver built in for this device?

Only if you have Media Center installed.

I did try it and it recognized the IR receiver and said it installed drivers. But, it didn't work after that. I will try the file that diehard has and see if that works. I am just wondering... should I go into device manager and uninstall anything that might be related to the ehome reciever before I try the file?

Thanks for the help.

Thanks Diehard.  That worked.  I had to move the files to the server and then update the drivers manually after running the install.cmd file.  But all is working for now.  Thanks again.  Now if I remap some keys on the remote everything will be great.

• 8 months later...

Thanks Diehard.  That worked.  I had to move the files to the server and then update the drivers manually after running the install.cmd file.  But all is working for now.  Thanks again.  Now if I remap some keys on the remote everything will be great.

Hi there,

I tried to install the driver from diehard SkyDrive but got the following error message: 

'bcdedit.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I am a little bit lost know, what should I do know?

Please help

Hi there,

I tried to install the driver from diehard SkyDrive but got the following error message: 

'bcdedit.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I am a little bit lost know, what should I do know?

Please help

I am not sure. That files for me resides in

C:\windows\system32

and that is my OS drive. It has been awhile since I did the install. But, I know I copied the files to the server and ran them from there because it did not work with the files on a remote desktop and running them through the connector software. So, I would say make sure the files reside on the server and then try to run it and see what happens.