RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Samsung and Intel invest in ‘Anticipation Engine’ start-up company

schoondoggy

Yep, the last thing we need are more cameras and drones in the skies.

You do realize that if the US government wanted to, they could read your email and listen to your calls.

I think this is very interesting technology and the positive uses of it are endless.

You do realize that if the US government wanted to, they could read your email and listen to your calls.

I think this is very interesting technology and the positive uses of it are endless.

I just hope they do......would love to take them to court for invasion of privacy.  I can see very little positive about eroding freedoms.

I see that there could be advantages to the technology too.

I didn't intend to start a civil rights discussion and in reality I will have to stop this discussion there.  Our forums have a long standing tradition of not including politics as there are many other sites that are happy to have those conversations.

With that...I will probably close this topic unless someone can give me a good reason to leave it open (quickly).

Yeah, and they can legally, under the patriot act. All they ahve to do is say they suspect you of domestic terrorism.... 

Yep, the same old story: the more a technology can be used for good, the more it can be used for evil.

Yup. Technology is just a tool (just like a gun). It has no intent. The person using it solely determines the intent and how it's used.

Every tool, every bit of tech is basically a double edged sword. :)

• Like 1