RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
JerryW

Windows Server Status v1

gapazz

Love this program, sure hope you expand it to include windows server 2012 r2 essentials. I tried the latest version for windows server 2012 essentials and it

didn't work. Kept saying I needed the server connector installed. I guess there is just enough difference between 2012 essentials and 2012 r2 essentials to

prevent it from knowing the connector is installed. 

JerryW

Love this program, sure hope you expand it to include windows server 2012 r2 essentials. I tried the latest version for windows server 2012 essentials and it

didn't work. Kept saying I needed the server connector installed. I guess there is just enough difference between 2012 essentials and 2012 r2 essentials to

prevent it from knowing the connector is installed. 

Actually, This should be simple enough to fix but I have not upgraded my server to R2 yet. I do plan to do so but not until Feb 2014. When that happens, you will see WSS get updated to support R2. In the meantime, if you can PM me a screenshot of the R2 connector folders contents, I might be able to patch it. Of course, I could just remove the check for connector install. Hmm, I might do that. Let me know if you would be willing to test that for me! If so, PM me your email address and I will send you a link to an updated setup file.

Jerry

Edited by JerryW

Drashna Jaelre

Jerry, 

The core files have been moved the "C:\Windows\System32\Essentials" instead of the program files location. Some of the add-in stuff is still in the program files location, but that's about it.

That may be why R2 is causing such an issue.

if need be, I can give you remote access to a couple of my VMs so you can look around and see exactly what I mean.

mailman1988

Note: None of the embeded links in the above posts work as of today. Can these be updated?