RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
JerryW

Windows Server Status v1

revengineer

A Windows 7 version would indeed be fantastic!

Poppapete

Installed on windows 8, no problems.

Immediately reported that previous night backup had been completed successfully.  I found the version for WHS a useful add-on and would use this WS2012E version.

JerryW

Installed on windows 8, no problems.

Immediately reported that previous night backup had been completed successfully.  I found the version for WHS a useful add-on and would use this WS2012E version.

Thank you for your kind words. I do appreciate it and I am glad that you find this utility useful.

revengineer

JerryW,

I tested the Windows 7 version and it works well. The only functionality that did not work was right-click->about, which gave an error message.

Thank you for providing this software!

THZ

Windows Server Status 1.02 with Windows 8 is working fine for me! Thank you.

Poppapete

Mine stopped working. I think it was after the Tuesday MS updates both on server and client (W8)!!!!!

Downloaded it again (newer version I think). All good again.

Edited by Poppapete

JerryW

Mine stopped working. I think it was after the Tuesday MS updates both on server and client (W8)!!!!!

Downloaded it again (newer version I think). All good again.

Thank you for letting us know. 

revengineer

Hi Jerry,

Not sure what happened on my system, but I am no longer able to start the program. When I launch the code from the Windows 7 start menu, it briefly shows in the task manager, then an error reporting tool WerFault.exe launches but does not show anything on the screen, then both programs terminate. I have tried restarting the system as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the program. It does not seem to be an anti-virus issues either as none of the programs I ran show any blocking. Any suggestions on how to debug this? 

Here are the messages from the event viewer:

Faulting application name: WindowsServerStatus.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x51851c20
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18229, time stamp: 0x51fb1677
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000000000000940d
Faulting process id: 0x8c
Faulting application start time: 0x01ceedde01cce8ff
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Server Status\WindowsServerStatus.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 401acef5-59d1-11e3-a8ce-000c55382cad

Application: WindowsServerStatus.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
Stack:
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(System.Uri, Boolean)
   at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run()
   at WindowsServerStatus.App.Main()

Thanks in advance.

Edited by revengineer

revengineer

Ok, found it. The config got corrupted. Needed to delete the content of folder C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Local\WindowsServerStatus. After that program works again. Thanks again for this great utility.