RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
SmokinOakum

Which OS with my new N54L

ikon

By jove, I think you've got. :D

a15457

Back to your XBMC question ... I use it and love it ... I like the pretties ... All you need to do is enable a share and then point your XBMC to that share. I recommed seperate shares for TV, Movies, and Music.

It should also be noted that I use XBMC from a client PC at the moment and don't run it directly on my microserver ... I'm planning in a couple of months or so to buy two more Microservers to act as HTPCs for the two TVs in my house. If you're going to run XBMC directly on this Microserver then all you need to do is point it at the location of your shows and movies etc.

Cheers,

Dave.

:)

SmokinOakum

Back to your XBMC question ... I use it and love it ... I like the pretties ... All you need to do is enable a share and then point your XBMC to that share. I recommed seperate shares for TV, Movies, and Music.

It should also be noted that I use XBMC from a client PC at the moment and don't run it directly on my microserver ... I'm planning in a couple of months or so to buy two more Microservers to act as HTPCs for the two TVs in my house. If you're going to run XBMC directly on this Microserver then all you need to do is point it at the location of your shows and movies etc.

Cheers,

Dave.

Yes, I have been uploading like a mad man since I installed it and haven't looked back. It's such a well designed platform and the iOS apps are also quite nice. On a side note, I did not have to share my media folder to have XBMC to find all of my media. You just point to you media folder and set XBMC to scan that folder every time you fire up the application. Your naming convention is all important for the media to be displayed correctly. I'm currently testing a blue ray 3D movie that I'm "cloning" as we speak. My TV is a 3D set , and the video card is 3D rated. We'll see...

a15457

A little off topic ... but I'm throwing it in there anyway ... I use Ember Media Manager to scrape all my TV shows and Movies before I put them in their final place if I'm downloading them outside of SickBeard. Send me a PM if you want to know what that's all about.