RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

My first server project

Infiniti

Did you get these drivers from the Gigabyte web page for that board?

Yes I did.

There appears to be a ton of room behind that board.

Why would you need the sound service running?

The case is the cooler master sniper and yes there is lots of space behind the board. It's really good for cable management. As for the sound, I understand that I don't need it but I like to have everything up-to-date. 

-snip-

As for the USB 3.0 driver, it couldn't install. Maybe someone can tell what is the problem or what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.

I had a similar problem with S2008R2 that I documented in A Server Build with a GA-Z77X-UD5H in a Lian-Li PC-K9WX

when my solution was to install the USB 3.0 drivers manually.

WHS2011 has the same core as S2008R2-Foundation and S2008R2.  I believe the problem is that the installer for the USB 3.0 drivers does a check for the OS and if it sees a Server OS then it fails.  I don't recall having any problems with the Video or Sound Drivers.  With S2012 products that's no longer a problem (for USB 3.0 that is) because USB 3.0 support is built into the core.

I've modified my Z77 quite a bit since that time but you can follow my major Mod's via http://homeservershow.com/tag/ga-z77x and I'm all over the Forums with tweaks and changes since then.

Love your pictures -- nice looking build!

Don't know what to tell you. Obviously, the drivers from Gigabyte should work. At this point I would file a support call with them (or with Joe_Miner) :)