RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Enabling Hyper-V on Z68MX-UD2H-B3 by Disabling USB30

Joe_Miner

This issue had vexed me for awhile -- finally found out that we can enable Hyper-V in Windows 8 pro on the GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3.

I had to go into BIOS setup into the Intergrated Peripherals section and then:

Set F_USB30 Controller to DISABLED

Set R_USB30 Controller to DISABLED

and while I was there I DISABLED the GSATA3 Controller  --  don't know if that helped Hyper-V or not but I didn't need it so took it out while I was there.

It works.

This issue had vexed me for awhile -- finally found out that we can enable Hyper-V in Windows 8 pro on the GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3.

I had to go into BIOS setup into the Intergrated Peripherals section and then:

Set F_USB30 Controller to DISABLED

Set R_USB30 Controller to DISABLED

and while I was there I DISABLED the GSATA3 Controller  --  don't know if that helped Hyper-V or not but I didn't need it so took it out while I was there.

It works.

Did not know you were looking as I could have saved you some time.  Went throug the same pain about 4 months ago trying to help a friend.  gtad you got it working.  It is wierd though that the same board will work fine on Server 2012/2008 running Hyper V.

Hyper-V has different requirements for the client version and server version, IIRC. So the role may not be identical, and would account for this discrepancy.

I certainly thought it was weird.  There are also far more systems that do not play well with Hyper-V on windows 8 than with Server 2012/2008.  Never had a system not work with the ladder but Win 8 is 2 out of 4,

Did not know you were looking as I could have saved you some time.  Went throug the same pain about 4 months ago trying to help a friend.  gtad you got it working.  It is wierd though that the same board will work fine on Server 2012/2008 running Hyper V.

Thanks!

It is definitely strange that S2012 Hyper-V can run without issue on this Z68 but Win8 Hyper-V had problems until USB3.0 was disabled on the System Board -- I had some tests a few weeks ago going on when I could of used Hyper-V on this machine so it's nice now to have it now.