RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

What is the verdict on RSS Google Reader?

Dave

I have yet to look into RSS replacement for Google Reader. What have you guys found to be your favorite service?

Mr_Smartepants

On my android phone I use gReader.  It currently uses Google Reader for the backend but the developers are rewriting it to use a different backend.

Renny

Well forget Outlook, that sucks.

All the smart money is on Feedly, though I am yet to try it

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Google, what is that?

I am tired of their games and am eliminating everything google. Microsoft better watch out or I will have to ban them as well. I hope not though because then I will have to end my computer usage, unless Linux is viable.

ikon

Welcome to the club ITTOG. I was always dubious of google, so I never allowed myself to get locked into any of their products. Their ideals may have been laudable, but I knew they would not be able to maintain those ideals; it just isn't possible for a public corporation. They do have some great ideas. I think StreetView is great, and google Earth itself is good. I also like SketchUp. Other than that I don't use google stuff. 

jmwills

Whatever that works with Firefox is what I'm using.

joem

Feedly is the best one I found.  And if you want an alternative to igoogle try ighome. Great replacement.  igoogle will not be available after November. 

Drashna Jaelre

I absolutely love Outlook for feeds. :) 

Been using it for years.

joem

I use Outlook also.  For years.  But if I am out in the field rather than log into my computer remotely I just open a web browser and log into feedly with any computer I am admining or whatever.

Edited by joem

steve053

I read RSS exclusively on my iPad with FeeddlerPro.  It wasn't as easy to find all of my rss feeds as google reader, but I was able to set up all my feeds.  Love the Instapaper integration. 

Tried Flipboard, but it couldn't find some of my feeds, also didn't like the way some of the feeds displayed.  Flipboard has had a number of upgrades since I last tried.

Steve