RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Record TV

bline22

Hello,
I have an ex495. I want to use it to easily schedule and record TV shows. I have been trying to get MediaPortal to work and it will record only about 25% of the time. I have only the tvservice installed and am using a web interface to setup the recordings which seems to function just fine. The support is really bad over on there forums and I can't get a response to save my life on why this is occurring so want to abandon it.

Does anyone know of an alternative tool that will do this? Simply record tv shows and a tool to easily be able to schedule the recordings from any where are what I am looking for.

Thanks for the help

Thanks for the replies guys.

I did look at sage TV a long time ago and don't remember all the things that turned me off specifically. Maybe I should give it another look.

usacomp2k3 are you using it at all by chance? If so, how do you go about scheduling your recordings from differing machines? what are the positives and negatives in your opinion of sagetv?

Sorry, i should have placed my tuner in the original post. I am using an HDHomeRun.

Nope, I'm not a Sage user. But others in this forum are. They'd be able to better answer your Q.

I use Sage but forum member ohpleaseno is probably more experienced.

Remote scheduling from other machines can be accomplished using a web interface that you add to Sage. Keep in mind if you set up SageTV on your WHS box you can use an extender to use all the functionality. You can also use another PC using Sage Client or you can remote in and watch video off you server using Sage Placeshifter. Since Sage relies on a server / client relationship all the recordings are actually scheduled on one machine - the server.