RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
JerryW

Home Server Status - Mini

JerryW

I'm having a problem anyway now: each time I log on to Windows, Windows Server Status stopps responding and gets closed. So, in Startup it doesn't work. I can start it manually, without problem.

Can't say that I have experienced the same. Try removing the shortcut in startup. WSS should create a new one.

THZ

I just did it, but the problem still exists. Here are the error details:

Problemereignisname:    CLR20r3
  Problemsignatur 01:    windowsserverstatus.exe
  Problemsignatur 02:    1.0.2.0
  Problemsignatur 03:    51a3a10a
  Problemsignatur 04:    System.Xml
  Problemsignatur 05:    4.0.30319.18046
  Problemsignatur 06:    51552d24
  Problemsignatur 07:    9ad
  Problemsignatur 08:    0
  Problemsignatur 09:    System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse
  Betriebsystemversion:    6.2.9200.2.0.0.256.103
  Gebietsschema-ID:    2055
  Zusatzinformation 1:    a8f8
  Zusatzinformation 2:    a8f86fee0ca39f8aec4c59e75ba90cfc
  Zusatzinformation 3:    ffab
  Zusatzinformation 4:    ffabb1e10caf211e785fa046bfefeb0d

JerryW

I have seen this before. I am thinking my installer is doing something odd. I bet if you copy the folder out of Program File(x86) to another location and run it, it will work fine. Try that! Copy the WSS Folder to C:\ProgramData and try it there. Let me know...

Edited by JerryW

THZ

Thank you - yes this helped!

THZ

Unfortunately, the problem persists on my 2 computers. Even if I move the  folder to ProgramData it doesn't work anymore, it worked in the beginning but no more now. I have no possibility at all to start the program.

JerryW

Unfortunately, the problem persists on my 2 computers. Even if I move the  folder to ProgramData it doesn't work anymore, it worked in the beginning but no more now. I have no possibility at all to start the program.

THZ, I need a little more information then your giving. Are you running Windows 8 or Windows 7 version of WSS? Since I have had no problems with my computer installs of WSS and the last time you mentioned something, which was quite awhile back, I could not replicate that issue, I will need your help diagnosing the problem. At this time, I have but one suggestion for you; Copy, NOT move, the WSS folder to a location outside of ProgramData. Something like the root of C:, anything outside of the norm, maybe the My Documents folder. Perform an Uninstall of WSS through the control panel. Now try to launch WSS and see if it works. If you try to launch from the originally created shortcut, WSS will not work because that shortcut will be pointing to the wrong location, therefore, remove the old shortcut and launch WSS from the new location.

Let me know!

Edited by JerryW

THZ

I'm running Windows 8.

I did it as you wrote: copied the WSS folder to a folder on my drive D:, then uninstalled it, and launched WSS from the new location on drive D: - and it's working now!

I didn't do like that, I MOVED the WSS folder, and didn't uninstall it.

It seems that your solution helped!

Thank you.

JerryW

I'm running Windows 8.

I did it as you wrote: copied the WSS folder to a folder on my drive D:, then uninstalled it, and launched WSS from the new location on drive D: - and it's working now!

I didn't do like that, I MOVED the WSS folder, and didn't uninstall it.

It seems that your solution helped!

Thank you.

Ok, That is fine. The main point was to move it out of the Program Files folder anyway. The fact that it is working on a different drive tells me something. For now, use it like so and I will see what I can do on my end. The app will not hurt anything on your system to run outside of the Program Files folder. As a matter of fact, nothing gets written to your machine at all. I will be in touch soon with an update for you to test for me, if you do not mind.

Thanks!

THZ

Thank you, too, and yes, I would be glad to test your update.