RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
JerryW

Home Server Status - Mini

JerryW

For those who care,

I have been putting together a new, freeware version, of HSS for use with WS2012E, Home Server Status Mini.

For those running Windows 8, you will get toast notifications that depict current backup status (e.g.: started, completed, failed, etc). Hovering over the tray icon will show the last status of your backup (e.g.: completed, failed, etc) as well as % of current backup progress, a small right-click context menu will allow for easy access to launchpad, backup properties, dashboard client, and shared folders.

For those running Windows 7, you will get the same as above but in the form of balloon notifications. 

That is it. A very small, excluding the .net framework, c# application that does nothing more than what I stated. It will not offer all of the features of the previous HSS but will tell you what you needed to know the most, without having to use MS's launchpad.

I am refraining from adding anything further, as other features are simply not needed and begins to bloat the application.

Thank you,

JerryW

Edited by JerryW

ikon

That sounds fantastic Jerry. I really love small, special purpose utilities like this.

jmwills

Thank you for the hard work and a free utility!

THZ

Just came back here, wanted to see if there's an update for WSE 3.09 and I'm sad to read that development has stopped. With 3.09 the same problem like others that the program is freezing and has to be ended by task manager.

So I would really like Home Server Status Mini, but where to download?

Thank you!

Edited by THZ

JerryW

Just came back here, wanted to see if there's an update for WSE 3.09 and I'm sad to read that development has stopped. With 3.09 the same problem like others that the program is freezing and has to be ended by task manager.

So I would really like Home Server Status Mini, but where to download?

Thank you!

You don't download it yet and 3.09 will never be fixed. I decided to rewrite the entire application. I am thinking of changing the name to Windows Server Status instead. I have not completed my development yet and when I do, I will announce it. Though, I must say, I have not gotten that much of a response. So, I am curious if I may be wasting my time. Something I will have to think about. Something that led me to discontinue HSS to begin with, not to mention Microsoft.

Edited by JerryW

THZ

Thank you. I understood it like it already had been published.

No response from my side either, but at least I bought your software....

JerryW

Thank you. I understood it like it already had been published.

No response from my side either, but at least I bought your software....

Well, I am pretty much ready to release it but I have my two boys running through the software with a fine-tooth-comb. Believe it or not, if there is a bug, they usually find it before anyone else does. So, I told them, break it!! Once it has been ran for about a week with no issues, I will be more than happy to release it.

• Like 1

THZ

Thank you - glad to hear!

THZ

Just downloaded and installed Windows Server Status 1.0, and it's working fine - thank you!

THZ

I'm having a problem anyway now: each time I log on to Windows, Windows Server Status stopps responding and gets closed. So, in Startup it doesn't work. I can start it manually, without problem.