RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

RR2720 BIOS Setting Utility V1.5 Issues

Joe_Miner

I put 3 250GB Drives in a N40L with the intent of creating a RAID0 of the 3 drives.

Went into BIOS Setting Utility V1.5

Initialized all 3 drives

Went to Create

Clicked RAID0:Striping

and get an Error Message:  Not Enough Disks for Creating an Array

What am I missing here -- after clicking the RAID0: Striping shouldn't it give me a menu of the 3 initialized drives that I could then select the one's to go into the RAID0?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joe_Miner

• ikon

• pcdoc

• ImTheTypeOfGuy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It does show a big difference between using v1.0 & v1.5 of the RR2720 Setup Utility on the MicroServer    LoneWolf found that "...disabling SATA / IDE port combining as described with the modif

Where these disks from a previous array?  I have seen this before when the drive where initialized before with the card.  Try manually deleting all the partitions and try again.

Joe_Miner

Yes, two disks were from a previous RAID0 -- I deleted that RAID and was trying to create a new one with 3 HDD's.  I will put them into another machine and delete any partitions I find and let you know what happens.

Joe_Miner

I manually deleted the partitions on all three drives and tried again with no luck.  Then I tried DiskPart and cleaned all three drives -- put them back in the machine with the RR2720 and again no luck -- same thing as before.  They initially show up as legacy drives, I initialize them in  V1.5 and go to create and no matter which option i choose it says I don't have enough drives.

I've posted an issue with HighPoint so I'll see what kind of response I get back from them.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I manually deleted the partitions on all three drives and tried again with no luck.  Then I tried DiskPart and cleaned all three drives -- put them back in the machine with the RR2720 and again no luck -- same thing as before.  They initially show up as legacy drives, I initialize them in  V1.5 and go to create and no matter which option i choose it says I don't have enough drives.

I've posted an issue with HighPoint so I'll see what kind of response I get back from them.

I have had the exact issue. After I couldn't get it to work on my 2720 I then tried on the motherboard with the same results. I figured it was something that diskpart couldn't clean and gave up because I don't have time to troubleshoot things like this. I figured it would be something simple but only after I spent hours on it. Drives went in the garbage.

Joe_Miner

Where these disks from a previous array?  I have seen this before when the drive where initialized before with the card.  Try manually deleting all the partitions and try again.

This is where DiskPart works really well.

I did a DiskPart Clean but now I'm wondering if i should have done a DiskPart Clean All on each of the disks -- may try that tonight!

Right now it see's the Disks as Legacy and apparently when I initialize it not everything is getting initialized (my guess) so that it would see the disks as usable in making a RAID.

Should hear from HighPoint -- so maybe they'll have something interesting for me.