RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Remote Desktop blocked !!

sisniper

Hi Guys

all going very well on my setup - however....

On my work laptop i am unable to access my home PC's via the web rdp, it appears that our network admin have blocked access (for good reason) to adding sites to the trusted network.

Is there a workaround for this ? as its the one remaining function i need configuring

thanks

Si

Si,

Before you try to get around what your work IT department has put in place it might be worth a visit with them and explain what you are trying to do and see if they can help. Messing with security settings on a work issued PC that they have clearly locked you out of can make them real pissy and maybe cost you a job. I can think of all kinds of reasons why a company wouldn

thanks fasthair, a very good point ! so focused on getting this working forgot the obvious dangers to work/contract

however, i can rdp directly it was just doing it via web browser, so will stick to that for now. i will still be able have portal access from home/away from home using my netbook/other pc's. and if needed should be able to relay rdp from server to clients (rdp into server then rdp to clients)

thanks

si