RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Anti Virus

reelss

You should search the forums for lots of posts about this. If you don't find anything with the actual forum search tool, try Bing or google. They often find posts in these forums better than the forum search tool.

If the server isn't going to the internet directly, I'd leave that function to the clients for a home setup

I run Microsoft Security Essentials. Run the installation program with this switch  /disableoslimit. An upgrade came out recently but wouldn't install because the OS isn't supported. I found the temp folder windows update was using and copied the file to another folder. Then ran the installation program.

NOD32 support WS2012E yet? Am running AVG File Server Edition 2013 and Malwayrebytes. Both running well.

NOD32 is for "client" OSes only. They made an exception for WHS2011 because while it is a server, it isHome Server.

Otherwise, you'd have to go for ESET Endpoint Antivirus. Which is only available by contacting their sales department (they have a nice big blue button). 

What options are there for running Antivirus on WHS2011? Has anyone used Avast successfully?

I am running the 2013 version of AVG on both WHS 2011 and Server 2012.  Works great with low overhead.