RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

RocketRaid 2720 Adding disk to Raid5 array resulted in Lost Partition Table

xgfreon

Hello I have been running my raid5 array solid for a couple years now with rr 2720 controller. 

Thanks to PCdoc for his in dept tutorials.

I was reaching 90% full state on my array and decided to add another 2tb drive to the array.

I followed the instructions and everything seemed to go through without a hitch, however

upon rebooting the o\s (2012 Essentials) the disk comes up un-initialized.

IT is reporting the correct size with the newly added 2tb but for some reason the partion table is corrupted or missing??

currently running a scan with testdisk but other than that I dont know what went wrong?

Ok once I rebooted the full 6tb comes up unallocated. Windows does not recognize the old partition at all. It wants me to initialize the disk before windows can see it. It does not show up in explorer at all only in disk management.

I need to restore the gpt partition table if possible.

Ok once I rebooted the full 6tb comes up unallocated. Windows does not recognize the old partition at all. It wants me to initialize the disk before windows can see it. It does not show up in explorer at all only in disk management.

I need to restore the gpt partition table if possible.

Are you sure you did an expansion not a "create"?  It sounds like you creamed the array and re-built it.

Nope I clicked the online expansion button. And followed the tutorial. It appeared to be migrating with a countdown for 26hrs or so. I came back to check on it an hour later and noticed that I could no longer log into the web browser software for the controller. I just let the machine sit for over 32hrs just in case it was still migrating. I could still see my data via exolorer at that time. However once I rebooted I was able to log into the rocketraid web app and noticed that it was now doing the migration, like it locked up before or something....

So this time it completed and I am here.