RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Seagate Desktop HDD.4TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

jmwills

Wow.  Such a huge drive. Does anyone worry about having too much hard drive?

I think I would have to buy at least three so I could RAID them up.  At least in pairs so I could duplicate the data stored on one.

NewEgg has the Seagate Desktop ST4000DM000 4TB 3.5in Internal Hard Drive for a low $159.99 Free Shipping after Coupon Code: "EMCYTZT3283" (Exp 4/16)

I think this is the correct link for HSS credit:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=22-178-338&Tpk=N82E16822178338

That's a good buy!

Nice find John -- That is a great deal!

Edited by Joe_Miner

Wow.  Such a huge drive. Does anyone worry about having too much hard drive?

I think I would have to buy at least three so I could RAID them up.  At least in pairs so I could duplicate the data stored on one.

That's a silly question Dave. Of course not. Because you buy 2 at a time, minimum. :P

The way I look at this is power consumption.  5 x 2TB or 3 x 4TB.  It's roughly the same amount of storage in a RAID 5.

• Like 2

The way I look at this is power consumption.  5 x 2TB or 3 x 4TB.  It's roughly the same amount of storage in a RAID 5.

Absolutely. All a person would need is a drobo that supports 4TB hdds and they are in business. Also I am the type of person that plans ahead. I always calculate on a 10% growth of data in a set year. I am about ready for my next set of drives and these ones are looking promising.