RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
storeybored

Tresorit - 50GB free using Lifehacker.com

storeybored

Hey guys, 

new to the forums. I just read on lifehacker about 50GB of free storage till may 20th using the link from the life hacker website. I'd post the link but I don't want to seem like I'm spamming the forums. I registered and it works. Seems like the company is pretty security focused, you can't even reset your password if you forget it. It installs client software like dropbox so don't freak out when it downloads. Let me know what you guys think. I literally just signed up for it and decided to spread the news.

Lando

Edited by storeybored

jcollison

You know that I am a cloud storage freak (http://theaverageguy.tv/2012/09/09/the-average-guys-cloud-storage-options-survival-guide/) and that I would try it for sure.  

Couple things I don't like about it right now.

1.  Only a Windows Client - I know the others are coming,..but for now, only windows

2.  The verification email took a long time to get to me.  I thought maybe I had did something wrong

What I do like about it right now

1. They say they have encryption and that it is done client side -  "Files are encrypted with AES-256 before being uploaded to the cloud. Additional security is provided before upload by HMAC message authentication codes applied on SHA-512 hashes. Encrypted files are uploaded to the cloud using TLS-protected channels."  

2.  You can get 50GB for free right now.

let's all remember that this thing is in a serious beta.  Version .5.  FYI

storeybored

Thats odd... my verification email was sent right away. It did take a few seconds to verify in the app once I verified through the link. 

I haven't played with it much, but I'm not seeing a way to play with files apart from the client app so its not even close to a dropbox replacement, thought I would secure my 50GB before I forgot about it, then play with it later