RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

HSS Meetup 2013 - Sept 21st - Indy

cskenney

Ok Guys,

It looks like I need to get this venue sooner rather than later.  I was trying to wait a few weeks in order to get a good count.  I was hoping to get the same venue but see if we could double the size of the room.

Yes, the hotel is now a holiday inn express. I liked it because they were ok with outside food and drink and had an Ethernet jack where we could put in a router and provide our own WIFI.  Some places only provided wifi and that was hard when you are trying to get service to half a dozen servers and even more devices.  A few places I checked wouldn't allow outside food.

I'll see what I can do this week.  I'm also working on the documents to submit to vendors and sponsors.

I'm also looking at getting the venue for both Friday evening and Saturday.  Friday would be setup so if you are going to be around that night we can all get together and setup gear and then go from there.  Depending on what time people are arriving I might be able to host a small get together at the HSS Headquarters.

Not trying to be a Downer Dora or anything but, now that the hotel has changed affiliation, you probably want to double check those items, in case the name change also included policy changes. You've probably already thought of this, but wanted to put it out there, just in case. :)

I'm also looking at getting the venue for both Friday evening and Saturday.  Friday would be setup so if you are going to be around that night we can all get together and setup gear and then go from there.  Depending on what time people are arriving I might be able to host a small get together at the HSS Headquarters.

I've turned in a Vacation Day for that Friday so I should be there sometime in the afternoon.

UPDATE: Location set for Meetup 2013

Holiday Inn Express, 9791 North by Northeast Blvd, Fishers, IN 46037

It may sound amateurish since it's a Holiday Inn but I guarantee you it's not.  This is a nice place and the facilities for a meetup are excellent.  I've doubled the size that we had last year so we should be able to do multiple tracks of training and presentations.

This place books up on weekends so if you want accommodations at the facility you should act now. Our rate is not much better than the normal rate but it should be $109.  There are other hotels across the street if you want to shop around.

If you have questions please let me know.

UPDATE: Location set for Meetup 2013

Holiday Inn Express, 9791 North by Northeast Blvd, Fishers, IN 46037

It may sound amateurish since it's a Holiday Inn but I guarantee you it's not.  This is a nice place and the facilities for a meetup are excellent.  I've doubled the size that we had last year so we should be able to do multiple tracks of training and presentations.

This place books up on weekends so if you want accommodations at the facility you should act now. Our rate is not much better than the normal rate but it should be $109.  There are other hotels across the street if you want to shop around.

If you have questions please let me know.

Nice Dave!

Speculating that you would be at the same location as last year , I went ahead and made reservations there last night.

Now I just need to call them back and get my Room Rate reduced.  :D

Rooms were very nice here. Not a Dive Motel.

See everyone in September.

I just reserved a room for Friday and Saturday.

Look forward to the event.

Looking at the photos from last year, I think you guys need a photographer to come to this year's meetup.  :)