RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

HSS Meetup 2013 - Sept 21st - Indy

cskenney

dibbs on the 1513!

Guess what, the DS1513+ comes with 2GB of 1066 ram, but I can confirm first hand it can be upgraded to 4GB 1333. for a little kick in the pants :)

Guess what, the DS1513+ comes with 2GB of 1066 ram, but I can confirm first hand it can be upgraded to 4GB 1333. for a little kick in the pants :)

Sweet!

Just listened to HSS podcast #235. It sounds like you are looking for a way to defray the cost of lunch specifically and perhaps other meet-up costs as well. I don't own a business or have anything to publicize, but here's an idea: let people donate to HSS specifically as Meet-Up 2013 "Mini Sponsors". Donations must be in $10 increments. List their name on the program (at their option of course, anonymous is okay). Here's the kicker, offer an incentive. Each increment (up to some max to keep it fair, e.g. up to $100 donation) gets their name into the drawing one more time for one of the "big" attendance prizes, so a maximum of 11 times. Must be present to win. I'd buy me some of that.

Just listened to HSS podcast #235. It sounds like you are looking for a way to defray the cost of lunch specifically and perhaps other meet-up costs as well. I don't own a business or have anything to publicize, but here's an idea: let people donate to HSS specifically as Meet-Up 2013 "Mini Sponsors". Donations must be in $10 increments. List their name on the program (at their option of course, anonymous is okay). Here's the kicker, offer an incentive. Each increment (up to some max to keep it fair, e.g. up to $100 donation) gets their name into the drawing one more time for one of the "big" attendance prizes, so a maximum of 11 times. Must be present to win. I'd buy me some of that.

I like the way you think Jim!  =)

Dave,

I listen to the podcast all most weekly.  I am enterprise network admin, I no longer have much time for Home Server stuff.  I am still considering on coming to the meet up.  Do you have a final itinerary (from Friday to Sunday) and a final agenda yet?  This may help me make my final decision.  If so, can you maybe post it on the web page?

Thanks

I am close to publishing the schedule. This year's meetup is a little different.  I want to get people out of chairs and up and around.  I don't want us to spend the day with the lights off and staring at a presentation screen.  I want people to be able to jump into a Synology box and poke around.  Same for a 2012 Server, Surface RT, etc.  There will be tons of gear there.

As for actual talks, I can tell you that it's a mix of microservers, Synology, and a little Media Center.  There is also some mobile talks in there as well.

You are coming for the hands on and camaraderie on Saturday.  Friday night is going to be busy setting up.  Saturday night is a trip to Fry's and the Microsoft store.  Sunday is up to attendees.  I have nothing official planned for Sunday.  Guys usually travel that day.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Dave