cskenney

HSS Meetup 2013 - Sept 21st - Indy

203 posts in this topic

I have been looking for recommendations for a place to stay for the meetup. I will look into the Conrad downtown Indy. Is anyone else that is going to the meetup planning on staying here?

Any other suggestions for a place to stay?

The Conrad is a 5 star hotel (I believe) and is going to be a little steep on price.  If price doesn't matter to you then I am sure it is very nice.  There are also some nice places to eat downtown.  I have eaten at http://www.stelmos.com/ a few times when I used to attend Formula 1 races at IMS.

As JMWills mentioned we will likely not be downtown but the location is still not decided.

This is the place we used last year: Hotel Indigo, 9791 North by Northeast Blvd, Fishers, IN 46037.

There are other places in the same general area and it's a nice area of town.

I just sent Dave a email for suggestions. I am looking forward to the event and meeting people from the podcast and forum. So far who is going to the event (other than me)?

The Conrad is a 5 star hotel (I believe) and is going to be a little steep on price.  If price doesn't matter to you then I am sure it is very nice.  There are also some nice places to eat downtown.  I have eaten at http://www.stelmos.com/ a few times when I used to attend Formula 1 races at IMS.

As JMWills mentioned we will likely not be downtown but the location is still not decided.

This is the place we used last year: Hotel Indigo, 9791 North by Northeast Blvd, Fishers, IN 46037.

There are other places in the same general area and it's a nice area of town.

the AAA rate was 199 when I booked last week. Also for those who use hilton honors point the Conrad is part of that family of hotels.

the AAA rate was 199 when I booked last week. Also for those who use hilton honors point the Conrad is part of that family of hotels.

$199 is too rich for my blood. I'm Pooooor. =)

But I will be there.

I stayed at the Hotel Indigo last year. It was very nice.

I, too, was thinking $199 was a tad on the high side. BTW, are all the rooms at the Indigo purple? :D

I don't remember it being that expensive.

There's always the Salvation Army :D

If I can remember that far back.........I think it was about $120.00 a night at the Hotel Indigo