RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Has anyone used Teamviewer?

PCEddie

Hey All,

I ran across a remote access program called Teamviewer.

Does anyone use this program? I am using the free version with no issues.

PC Eddie

I personally use LogMeIn, but all of the comments I have read on TeamViewer are very positive.

Yea we must be reading the same comments. I have been looking for any negative comments but not able to find too many of them.

I have it setup on my WHS and it works great so far. I am going to run more tests at work. I have looked into the license cost of TeamViewer and it is steep just for the cost to use one computer ($750).

If anyone else is using TeamViewer, I am curious on their feedback.

PC Eddie

TeamViewer is free for personal use, as you already know. I've used it and thought it worked fine. In fact, it's what I currently use when I'm working on a friend's or relative's PC. Easy to use. Supports VPN. Can run as a service, if desired. Pretty decent overall. I recommend it.

@TheGuy - So you're saying that PCEddie could just use Mesh to remote in to his customers, and not bother with sync? And there's no license restrictions on business use? That might be a solution.

• 2 weeks later...

I use Teamviewer for at least 1 year now almost daily and it is the best app for this purpose that I've seen so far.
Since it's free for personal use, I can't see a reason to use anything else.
Being able to access your WHS even from an iPhone when you're traveling is fabulous.

I used it for years. Teamviewer would help control pcs that are do not have RDP. (Win 7 Home premium etc)For Home Server RDP is still the best.

• 6 months later...

I was on the receiving end of TeamViewer. I had a problem with Digital Archound, and the support people tried to help me through e-mail. My issue was too complicated (I broke IIS on the WHS), and they were able to fix it using TeamViewer. From the receiving end, it worked great. Click the link, send the session ID and password to the other party and wait for them to connect. The Digital Archound folks went above and beyond to fix my problem.

TeamViewer worked fine and I didn't have any issue with it.

I've also used the free program CrossLoop. This is what I use to help my parents with their computer.