RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Can't access work VPN after joining Server 2012 domain

chorchie

Hi all,

I need to connect to work via VPN (using Juniper Network Connect). It worked before I added this computer to the Windows Server 2012 domain. Now, Juniper connects me, but I cannot access work. The only thing that has changed is the move to the Essentials domain.

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? I am new with domain controllers, so I am not sure where to go from here.

Thanks,

David

Check DNS

DNS on the Juniper Network Connect Virtual Adapter is set to the IP of the server. Should I remove that?

Well, obviously that isn't working.  Try your ISP's DNS and add Google in there for good measure.

• Like 1

Thanks, JMWILLS!

I just set it to automatically set DNS and it seems to be working once again. I appreciate your help!!!

FYI, that DNS thing might haunt you again, since a service called "Windows Server LAN Configuration" is running that might get you back into a pickle. See my write up about this with details on disabling the service here:

Windows Server 2012 Essentials remote client loses its Internet connection, here’s your DNS-related fix

Posted by Paul Braren on Sun Sep 9th, 2012 
  • Like 1

Thanks, JMWILLS!

I just set it to automatically set DNS and it seems to be working once again. I appreciate your help!!!

You guys are talking about things I am not familiar with so I have a question. How did you do this? I ask because my work computer, which is on my companies domain, sometimes won't connect to the internet when I bring it home. I have to ipconfig /release and /renew before it will connect. I am just curious if there may be something related going on that is causing my problem?

I don't know if this program is still around, but search for something called NetSwitcher.  This will allow you to build profiles based on location (providing you have Admin Rights).