RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

My Moives issue

geek-accountant

I am pretty sure this is a My Movies related issue, but I'm am not 100% sure. I have a process running called "sqlservr.exe" that is using 700mg of ram and over 700mg of virtual ram. WOW!! Is this My Movies or is something else going on? I just installed My Movies a couple of days ago on the WHS box. Before that I ran it on the HTPC (Win7) and don't remember it using this many resources.

Wow, that does seem like alot. You said you have around 300 movies right? Definitely seems excessive.

Yep, around 300 movies. Maybe I will give it another day or two and see if it "settles down". Otherwise, I may need to uninstall this add-in and put it back on the HTPC.

My sqlserver is at 12.8MB of RAM, with about 150 movies (offline, not associated with video files)

Something must be wrong with mine then. Maybe it is something I did or how things are organized. My 300 movies are organized into about 6 main directories (Action, Comedy, etc) and then a directory for each movie containing the single VOB file or in some cases an MPEG file.

Just checked again and ram use is still at 700meg. VM use is now up to 775meg. Funny thing is that it really has not used that much CPU time.

OK, I stopped and restarted to two sql services. Right now I am at 51MB ram and 70MB VM. Let's see how it looks tomorrow.

You have another option if starts climbing again, tune the Sql instance and limit the amount of memory allocated to it. A lot of MS SQL instances will eat up ram if there is plenty available, I see this on SBS servers and I just tune the max memory for it.