RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

WHS2011 Connector Software Install on WHS2011 Server

pglover19

I hope this is not a dumb question, is it possible to install the WHS2011 connector software on my WHS2011 server. I have the HP N40L and N54L and I want to install the WHS2011 connector software on each server so it can backup the other server. I can get the connector download page(http://servername or IP Address/Connect), but the software will not download.

Pretty sure it won't install (Diehard has mentioned it).  I believe people are using something like Robocopy to back up one server to the other.

edit: I might have that wrong...Diehards comment I was thinking about was backing up v1 to WHS2011.

Pretty sure it won't install (Diehard has mentioned it).  I believe people are using something like Robocopy to back up one server to the other.

edit: I might have that wrong...Diehards comment I was thinking about was backing up v1 to WHS2011.

Ok.. I guess I need to use another method to backup each server...

One more question...  I have WHS2011 installed on my HP N40L and N54L.. Now I need to install the connector software on my 5 PCs around the house. Can I install the connector software to connect to the N40L and N54L server? If yes, than I can backup the PCs on both servers.

I think most people are using Windows Server Backup to back up the WHS2011 System Drive (I am). Some are also using it back up the data on the server. NOTE: a dedicated drive is required for this.

AFAIK, you cannot connect a client computer to 2 different WHS2011 servers: you have to pick one or the other. However, it is possible to copy the client backup files from the server to another location, whether that be another server, or a NAS, or an external HDD enclosure (like I'm doing).