RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
John7

Launchpad is not loading on bootup

John7

On my Windows 7 64bit laptop Launchpad is not loading when booting. The option is selected (along with minimise). When coming out of hibernation it’s OK but it has to be manually loaded every time fallowing a reboot. I have checked in  Services and msconfig and can’t find anything called Launchpad. Any ideas very welcome on how to get it going.

ikon

Launchpad is in the Boot tab of my msconfig. Check in C:\Program Files\Windows Server\bin. You should find Launchpad.exe there. You could simply add it to the Boot tab of msconfig.

John7

Thank you for reply. Launchpad isn’t in the boot tab (or any other of the other tabs) in msconfog. It’s not listed under services and I can see no way of adding it to any of these.

jmwills

This should work:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Browse to the .exe file you want to run  and browse to the Server Folder as ikon mentioned. (Right click in the open pane and add New Shortcut)

John7

Thanks, I found it in msconfig in services. It was rather oddly named ect. It was enabled to load, I tried unselecting it and after rebooting reselected it. Still not loading so have added it direct to start up and its loading from that. Two other PC's have it working so I don't understand why this one isn't loading from the existing start up.

ikon

As I posted above, mine is actually named Launchpad.exe and it is in Startup. I would make sure your setup matches that.

John7

Hi now I have found it yes it is but its only staring when a copy is added to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup as the one in msconfib doesn’t
appear to be running? (at least if disabled in msconfig but left in start-up folder it loads, remove from folder and enable in msconfig it doesn’t run) But it’s
going any way now!

Edited by John7

ikon

This is a little confused. Launchpad.exe should appear in the Startup tab of msconfig. The files shown in the Startup tab are simply a list of what's in the Startup folder.

John7

I

I think there must be different ways of programs becoming started.  I have three programs in the startup folder showed in the start- rograms listing. But at \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup folder only   the Launchpad  I added is shown. Two are not listed in msconfig startup. In addition  Launchpad entrees are independent as whatever you do in msconfig doesn’t affect the one
in startup folder and by reverse removing it from startup folder does nothing to the one listed in msconfog.

So where Launchpad startup is controlled by I don’t know as I haven’t found it in services where there are a lot of other server/networking services listed?

John7

Using autoruns I have found two launchpads one in startup
the second in “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run 08/09/2012
07:26” and here its “%programfiles%\Windows Server\Bin\Launchpad.exe –autostart”
so why it’s not running I have no idea but it is working OK from the start folder.

I also found a second startup folder "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start
Menu\Programs\Startup”

in addition to C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start
Menu\Programs where the other two programs are listed.