RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Unguided

HP N54L Microserver $249.99 after rebate

MrTPTF

what a great deal but I just proved my wife right.  she said all those shows and forums will just give the gear sickness again. yep the bug bit me ... I am a proud papa of a N54L.... I might have to pull the jeti mind trick on her if it shows up next week because they are all on spring break. what box I do you do not see a box... move along move along

LoneWolf

I think I can get a little more for it than you'd want to pay, considering shipping and all, JM; I'm probably going to ask $200 locally, as it's only got several months of usage.  I probably have a licensed copy of Server 2003 Enterprise I can gift with it if one of my colleagues isn't interested, to sweeten it a little.

I just transplanted all my hardware from the old server to the new.  Other than  some very minor BIOS configurations, the swap was painless.  Server 2012 didn't even ask to reboot for changes, the hardware is really that similar.

The N40L was fine, but there is a noticeable snap to the N54L over it in just basic Windows navigation and such.

Joe_Miner

It is a lot snappier for sure -- you got me thinking maybe I should move my WHS-2011 to the N54L -- 

Great to hear all is going well.

ikon

Yeah JM. I may look at an N54L, or even the next model, whatever that CPU will be, when I go to replace my WHS2011.