RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

WS2012e - Possible to restore an archived client in dashboard?

Jason

If you inadvertently remove a client PC in dashboard and move it to the archive, is there any way to restore it back into active client PC section?

Or, once archived, is it still possible to use the client system restore to restore from an archived client system image?

Thanks.

Have you tried it? Nothing like testing.

Haven't figured out a way to UNarchive an archived client in dashboard. However, if there are 2 entries in dashboard with same client name (i.e. HTPC in both current client list and archive), it does appear you can restore from a system image of either when booting from the WS2012e client restore CD/USB. Reassuring.

So, you removed and added back the same client?  That would be interesting to see and this is where testing a virtual client helps.

So, you removed and added back the same client?  That would be interesting to see and this is where testing a virtual client helps.

jmwillis, correct.  I've done this a lot (through trial and error) in the past without issue.  Did it again recently when attempting to troubleshoot my client PCs going offline.  Turned out, I had port 6602 blocked in WS2012e firewall.  The port that the dashboard uses to listen to clients' ONLINE/OFFLINE status.  Always learning.