RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Problem connecting/ deleting computer

vertisol

Problem?

I can't connect my laptop to my WSE2012 server using the connector. It lets me get as far as inputing my user name password then tells me there was an unexpected error.

History

I have a laptop that was running W7 Home Premium and it was connected through the Launchpad ok. I installed W8 Pro clean on the laptop and the error above had come when I tried to connect to the domain.

The other thing is that the laptop is still visible in the devices tab under its old name. When I try and remove the computer it again says it can't due to an unexpected error.

Any clues?

Is the DotNet software up to date?  You will need version 3.5 for it to tun properly, to the best of my knowledge.

Tried installing .NET 3.5 and same issue.

Could it be a problem on the server side? As I mentioned I've been unable to delete the computer from the dashboard also.

How many clients are connected?  Have you looked in the Event Viewer to correlate the issue?

.NET 3.5 installed fine and I made sure it was activatedthrough the control panel.

I already have 1 client PC connected and it was fine.

I'm going to do a full reinstall this evening and see where that goes.

Still at work but I'll have alook when I get home and let you know.

It feels like a laptop issue but I'll have to wait until the 2 year old is in bed and the wife's at yoga before I can really get me head into it.