RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Overlord66

USB 3.0 Card for N54L

RyansP

Great, thanks for the reassurance ikon!

ikon

If you don't mind, we would love for you to conduct some performance tests on the card and post the results for the rest of us.

RyansP

I don't mind helping out.  I'm very new to all this, so once I get the server and card up and going, I may need guidance on how to go about running performance tests.  Will let you know when I do. 

ikon

No problem. Lots of people here can provide advice for testing.

judgeschambers

I was wondering if anyone could provide some info on this little guy.  I can grab one from my local msy

http://www.vantecusa.com/en/product/view_detail/406

Well, it looks like it should fit fine. As long as it comes with the short mount bracket it says is in the package (photo shows the full size attached). It does require a SATA power cord port connection. So you'll need a molex to Sata adapter/splitter.

Maybe Ikon or one of the others can give some intel on the maker of the board itself and give some additional recommendation.

Edited by judgeschambers

cskenney

I was wondering if anyone could provide some info on this little guy.  I can grab one from my local msy

http://www.vantecusa.com/en/product/view_detail/406

The first thing I noticed is that it is discontinued at Newegg.  The second thing is it requires a power connection.

Why are all these USB3 cards discontinued?

judgeschambers

Why are all these USB3 cards discontinued?

Yeah, that is an odd trend. ......   Something changing within the manufacturer industry?

Edited by judgeschambers

ikon

I don't know about that card. The one thing I do know is that the WD card I have does work and it does not have a power connection, so that's something I would look for. The other big thing is the chipset. ATM, it seems the Renesas chipset is the king of the hill. Hopefully, some other manufacturers will enter the market.

schoondoggy

I am sure that sales are dropping as all new motherboards have usb3 built in. Shrinking market.