RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Changes to LogMeIn Free Accounts

jmwills

When you logon to the LogMeIn Free console, you are now greeted by a nice little message saying you will soon be limited to 10 free computers to access.  Be default when you add a computer to the Free Account, the hostname is the LogMeIn name used .

It appears the first ten machines listed (in alphabetical order) will be your selected 10.  To get around this and keep the ones I want as free, I just renamed them as:

1.  Hostname

2.  Hostname

etc........

Where the original list showed as:

Hostname

Hostname

More than one way to skin this cat.  I guess you could use a second email address also.

"To ensure that we can continue providing free service with LogMeIn Free and make meaningful improvements to it, we will be limiting the number of Free computers in all remote access accounts to 10. In order to have more than 10 Free computers in your account, you’ll need a paid subscription of LogMeIn Central. Central not only unlocks remote access for more than 10 computers, but it also gives you more power and control when managing them from one location. To help ease the transition, we are extending a special offer to all users affected by this change. Take a free trial of Central now, or upgrade at the special rate of $199.00/year."