RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
joem

Skydrive

joem

I was under the impression that when using the Skydrive connector on a PC that any file you copied to that Skydrive folder on the computer would be uploaded to the Skydrive cloud.  Not so?  It appears that you have to log on to the Skydrive account and drag any files you want loaded to a Skydrive folder.  And that they sync with the folder on the PC.  My question is this.  Is there anyway to get the synchronization going both ways?  Thanks for your anticipated responses. 

Guest no-control

I don't know what you did wrong but that's how mine works...if I create a doc in my skydrive folder it shows up on my surface, WP7 and any other place I have the skydrive app. I can even have it open in 2 places edit from one and it'll update on the other right before my eyes.

skydrive%20works.JPG

Edited by no-control

joem

It doesn't do that for me and I have tried all kinds of troubleshooting to try to figure it out to no avail.

joem

OK.  Here is what I have done.  I have started from scratch and did a complete uninstall of Skydrive from my PC Windows 7 pro.  I have cleared all registry referrals to software as well.  There is absolutely nothing remaining in reference to Skydrive.  I have just completed a fresh install of Skydrive and will let it sync.  The Public folder on the cloud has 10 mp3's in it that are currently syncing to my PC in good fashion.  4 of them have downloaded to my PC.  When the syncing is complete I will copy a simple text file to the Skydrive Public folder on my PC to see if it will sync properly up to the cloud and report my results. 

Guest no-control

SurfaceRT windows 7 windows 8

Never needed to use that link everything worked out of the box. Only issue I ever had was on my surface I had to "approve" it in my live ID settings as a legitimate device.

If I log on to a PC I can access those files either through the App or via browser. If its a w8 based device/pc I can automagically access them with through my MSID. If I want to share out stuff there's a public and/or a share function they both work great. Even better if you ever you're sharing with has a MSID. Works just like Google Docs but without the shit UI.

joem

All is well now!  The uninstall and registry deletions of left over cruff fixed the issue.  Previously when I tried to uninstall and reinstall I didn't go deep into the registry to clean all traces.  That must have been the difference.  So I guess we learned something about repairing Skydrive.  Just don't count on a simple uninstall and reinstall to repair it. 

Thanks guys for pitching in on this!