RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Any OS Custom GB Motherboard

awraynor

Kickstarter project that allows custom GigaByte motherboard to run "Any OS" including OS X.

Not sure how this is beneficial except to make a hackintosh. Counting down until Apple shuts them down for merely insinuating OS X can be installed on non-Apple hardware.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/quo/projectq-run-any-os-the-unique-motherboard

How do you get OSX to install on something like this?  You can't just walk into BB or Newegg.com and purchase it.

I didn't read anything in their blurb that suggests it will run OSX. That said, this is the same company that got into trouble before for selling hackintoshes, isn't it? There is reference to their former hackintosh in the video, but it's presented as 'historical'. in any case, while I suspect it will run OSX, I think they're staying clear of actually saying that, just to be safe.

Use them all, some better for some things, some better for others.

Still find it funny that XP was described as cartoony. Guess they never noticed all the icon animations in OS X.

The world is full of haters ;)

Not a hater I just haven't found anything where OSx is better than Windows.

As long as we are going down the OSx rat hole,  I used it for years on my home machines until Windows 7 came out.  I personally found 7 as capable, reliable, stable and robust.  Why pay more for Mac when you can work with 7?  Anyway I don't want to start this Mac verses Windows thing, but I just thought I would chime in.  I don't care what OS I use as long as I can do what I want to with it and Windows machines far and away fit the bill for me at the present time.