RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
PCEddie

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Lifetime 1 PC - OEM

PCEddie

NewEgg has a sale on Malwarebytes Lifetime software for one 1PC at 50% with promo code EMCYTZT3038. This sale ends on 3/5/2013. I am using the free version of Malwarebytes on my WHS 2011 and WHS 2012E and it is a piece of mind to have the full version auto update and scanning the files on my WHS. 

jcollison

So are you running it manually then?  

jmwills

TinkererGuy just posted  video yesterday on how to install Forefront on WSE2102.  It wasn't that painful, from the video.  If you have TechNet, you've already paid for it.

jcollison

Link?

jmwills

There are very few YouTube posts I subscribe to....Paul's is one of them.

PCEddie

Is Microsoft Forefront disconunted?

I got my Malewarebytes order from Newegg and typed in the codes which updated the software to the full version in minutes. I am running them on a WHS 2011 and Windows Server 2012 Essentials and I am not running into any issues. I have the software scanning my data once a day and undating continually with no issues. This was a cheap solution ($25) that is giving me a extra layer of security on both of my WHS boxes.

jmwills

TMG will still be good until 2020 and the other products in the suite are good until the end of 2015.

jcollison

So what do guys think then?  Installing a AV from a company that traditionally hasn't done well with AV (Microsoft) or using an industrial grade Malwarebytes?  I kind of like the Malwarebytes option.

PCEddie

Sorry am sorry for the late followup to the paid version of Malwarebytes. I have it setup for my WHS2011 and WS2012E and they both run flawlessly. I have both AV to scan in the early AM and continuously update. I am happy with the purchase of $12.50 for each license and the lifetime subscription. I don't have to worry about AV for my WHS boxes until Malwarebytes decides to change its subscription or go out of business. For me it was  no brainer to spend the $12.50 for each license.