RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Automatic CD Ripping With Homeserver

customator

I am  using a Homeserver 2011 for a music server and want it to automatically rip a CD when I put a CD in the DVD drive.  I have set media player to auto rip and auto start media player.  Still no joy.  Any ideas?

I agree with DieHard.  There is no better way to do it "automatically" than with MyMovies.  It will cost you the software (~$50), plus an AnyDVD HD license.  In the end you usually have to get AnyDVD anyhow so your real delta is the MyMovies program.

Wasn't aware that MM would do Music.  I've always ripped music from a client which is set to autorip to the Music folder on the server using Windows Media Player.  Works easy enough for me.

MyMovies for sure, bought unlimited updates licenses years ago for all their products, smart move.

The server product, via Handbrake can automatically convert movie rips to another format. I requested a

feature where it would automatically convert my home movies to a specified format, that would be quite

helpful.

Plus one to MyMovies.  I have ripped a ton of music with it but I didn't buy it for that.  I bought it and AnyDVD for movie purposes.  I'm not sure what OP is doing wrong to not be able to rip CD's.  Media Player will do it, iTunes, etc.  I wouldn't invest in anything to simply rip music.  If you want DVD ripping, Media Center integration, Movie cataloging, etc.  My Movies is great.