Sign in to follow this  
Dave

SymForm Cloud Storage

Dave

It's all Jim's fault. @jcollison has got me started on Symform cloud storage.  I'm doing bytes instead of bucks!  Actually, you get 10GB free to start with and then if you contribute some bytes on your server you will get some in return.  So here we go!  Try for yourself.

JackoUK

I tried this with my first Microserver ... maybe 2011?

The initial setup was 100GB free and one for one disk space contribution, so sort of RAID 1.

However this was altered to 2 for 1 ... with other unilateral conditions ... so I abandoned the project.

JackoUK

... but after Microsoft's OneDrive betrayal I am considering a return to the product.

By dedicating 300GB one could use 100GB as a OneDrive replacement and contribute the other 200GB to the system.

I note the company now has a LINUX variant.

JackoUK

... unfortunately this company too is about to bite the dust, closure at the end of July.

mala

Hiii...

Symform service in 2009 with the idea of creating the worlds largest cloud storage without the data centers. We reached an amazing point in which we were managing petabytes of storage and billions of data objects across 170 countries. Symform was eventually acquired and became part of the team at Quantum. Unfortunately as of July 31, 2016 Symform has shut down operations and will no longer be available for use. From the bottom of our hearts, we want to thank all of you for your support and belief in what Symform accomplished.

Salesforce Admin Training | Salesforce Admin Online Training