RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
awginger

Mac connector issue

awginger

Hi,

New to WHS and to the forum!

Have installed WHS 2011 on my new server today, and have installed ALL updates from Microsoft. I can browse to the connect page and download the connector software but when I run the install it just bombs out.

I have managed to install the connector on my Win7 VM with no issues at all.

I have tried renaming the Mac Launchpad.app (even though I believe this is no longer required after rollup 4) and I have trawled Google with no positive results son far!

Please help! The mac is my primary device and this is what I want to use to maintain the WHS.

Thanks.....

jmwills

Does the Mac use any sort of DotNet software?  If so, you will need version 3.5 for the connector to install.

Renny

Dont want to hijack this topic but My son has 2 mac devices neither of which will even download the connector, let alone install it.

Both are on the same LAN as the server. Tried usind 2012 and 2011 same result. Any clues?

jmwills

How up to date is your server?  Is Update Rollup 2 installed?

awginger

Does the Mac use any sort of DotNet software?  If so, you will need version 3.5 for the connector to install.

No, I don't believe so.

Dont want to hijack this topic but My son has 2 mac devices neither of which will even download the connector, let alone install it.

Both are on the same LAN as the server. Tried usind 2012 and 2011 same result. Any clues?

Try connecting to the IP address rather than the hostname. I had to add an entry to my mac host file to use hostname

How up to date is your server?  Is Update Rollup 2 installed?

Rollup 4 is installed.

I have given up with it now and going to try Server 2012 Essentials instead! Wish me luck...

awginger

OK, so Server 2012 Essentials didn't make any difference, now re-installing WHS 2011.

May have to try and raise a support call with MS.....