RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

N40L And WS2012E

Unguided

Hello all and thanks for being patient with me as I am new to servers etc.

1. I was just wondering if the n40l would be fast enough to run as a domain controller and client backup server running ws2012e?. I have no plans to share media at this time.I assume it would be but just wanted to check.

2. Im also thinking about building a hyper-v server. Would it be better to build the hyper-v server and virtualize the domain controller now or just build the domain controller on the n40l and then build the hyper-v server? My fear is that being new to server in general and hyper-v, I would screw up the domain controller and take down the whole network. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

ok. thanks. One other question. Can you map network drives in ws2012e to another computer? I would think you can but not sure.

Edited by Unguided

great. Thanks. I should be able to to advantage of remote web access etc still using the n40l right. Just not media streaming?

Edited by Unguided

Remote Web Access? Sure. And, depending on what you want to do, I think streaming is possible too. Real-time transcoding might be a stretch, but other streaming seems possible.