RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

N40L - installing an ODD and an SSD

binaryweapon

Found this site after starting research on the Microserver.  What a great resource you have here!

Anyhow, I just started dismantling my new N40L in order to install additional RAM and the drives, and wondered if anyone else has installed an CD/DVD/BR drive as well as an SDD in the top bays.

The reason I ask is that while I've seen several of you mention putting the SSD in the area below the ODD cage, for me that area is where the bundle of molex connectors for the drive cage below is.

If you've installed both an ODD and an SSD, where did you move this bundle to?

TIA - Kevin

The Molex connectors on the N40L I set up were also in the 3.5" bay under the ODD bay. I re-routed the cables so the connectors are located at the back left corner, above the power supply.

Joe_Miner

Yes, that's the link -- it's in http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3506-more-interesting-microserver-links/#entry35009 about 10 lines down.

I relocated the cables like DieHarder Recommended. You could also just push them aside and squeeze the SSD in amongst the cables. You could also put the SSD against the back wall above the fan.

binaryweapon

You could also just push them aside and squeeze the SSD in amongst the cables. You could also put the SSD against the back wall above the fan

Bingo; that's what I did.  A little double-sided foam-tape, and we're off to the races.

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Bingo; that's what I did.  A little double-sided foam-tape, and we're off to the races.

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

You sloppy modder you :D <j/k>