RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Client Backup Failing

KiwiGlen

So true, but not related this is a client machine failing not the server, I have several other PC backing up to the server with no issues.  Nothing appears in the servers logs that I can see.

try disabling/uninstalling your antivirus, it solved it for me, just cant figure out why it didnt work on my other computers when they all have the same antivirus

No anti virus installed so can't be that.

There is a Dell backup and recovery manager I wonder if it could be that. I'll uninstall it and see what happens.

Well its not the Dell Backup/Recovery software - I did read somewhere that other backup software could cause issues.

There are 6 Partitions!!!

500MB - EFI Boot

40MB - OEM

500MB - Recovery

222GB - C Drive

6.77GB - Recovery

8.01GB - Primary Partition - Don't know what this is, any ideas?

No anti virus installed so can't be that.

There is a Dell backup and recovery manager I wonder if it could be that. I'll uninstall it and see what happens.

Good luck uninstalling it. I've worked on a couple of Dells that made it virtually impossible.

OK I've gone and configured the backup and there are 3 entries and de-selected all but the C drive and now the backup works.

Must be one of the other partitions.  I'll have a play and see if I can track down which one.