RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
motomen2

This computer has not had a successful backup recently (but it has!)

motomen2

Hi guys. I've had my WHS 2011 box running for about 1.5 years. Its been mostly good, but for a while now I've had an alert show up that is erroneous. It gives me the standard alert as you see in the topic, but if you look at the backup history, that is not right. I've tried to delete the alert, only to have it immediately come back (and by immediately I mean it stays off for about 2 seconds.

Has anyone experienced this kind of behavior? I'd really appreciate it if someone would know how to fix this.

Thank you,

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

jmwills

Have you recently re-imaged and renamed the client with the same name?

motomen2

Actually no...

That computer has been running Windows 7 for quite some time - I have not reformatted it lately. :(

jmwills

Are those all the backups in 18 Months?

motomen2

Are those all the backups in 18 Months?

Correct. I have not manually managed my backups, I just let it do its thing---with one exception.

Last night I noticed there was an incomplete backup back around the 8/2012 date that corresponds with the alert. When I saw this I thought I found the answer to this issue. So I set that backup to be deleted at the next backup cleanup task, then manually ran the task on the server.

However, even after doing that, the alert did not go away.

Thanks for your replies thus far, I hope we can get this figured out!

ikon

OK, that is just about the weirdest article I've seen in a long time and, AFAICS, it's completely erroneous. I have never set my BIOS to PST before installing WHS2011 and I have never encountered a problem. Also, the way the article is written, it appears to me that you have to set your BIOS to PST and leave it there! That's nuts. And then there's that bizarre statement about letting the number of hours pass between you and PST. 

jmwills

Agreed, but there was an issue in the past where you needed to insure that both the client and server had the same time zone setting before installing the client.

ikon

That I can understand, but having to set the server to PST, and leave it there, makes zero sense.

jmwills

Agreed.