RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Nnyan

QNAP vs Synology

Nnyan

surprised there isn't a QNAP forum here but I would love to hear anyone that has experience with both vendors.

ikon

There's a forum for all NAS, cloud, and attached storage products. Honestly, it's mostly WHS here, but other products are discussed. For example Dave, the founder of HSS, is a Synology fan.

Dave

Your right though, there should be more QNAP talk.  I did an interview at their booth at CES so if you have not seen that video check in the youtube channel.  True, I'm a huge Synology fan but the main fact that I don't talk about QNAP is that I have not put my hands on one.  I won't recommend what I wouldn't buy myself.  That shouldn't stop you guys though!  We certainly need more folks in here talking it up and doing some comparisons.

ikon

We certainly need more folks in here talking it up and doing some comparisons.

I agree. (Gee, I hope it didn't sound like I was negating other products).

Nnyan

Will check out the interview thanks!  I also like what I've seen of Synology and it's just a matter of luck that we deployed QNAP first (to replace a bunch of Iomega NAS boxes that work fine with the exception that they will on a regular basis loose connection to the AD and have to be rebooted).  I'm seriously considering Synology I just didn't want to throw that out there and run into any issues and the QNAP's we've deployed have been rock solid.  But saving over $1K on three boxes is still attractive.

Guest no-control

There isn't enough discussion for individual products. I know why its separated, but without the traffic it should just be a NAS forum that combines all of the discussion. Would make it easier to engage in a discussion. I prefer Qnap for business deployments. But its been pretty 50/50 for me.