RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
upsidedowncake

Read/Write Speeds RocketRaid 2720SGL

upsidedowncake

Those are very impressive, a whole lot faster than what I was seeing.  What I would try to test it was a large movie file or something, or a large group of files, something that was several GB's.  I'd think that would give you a good benchmark for a sustained write.

wellzi

Thanks guys :) .. It's maintaining a copy from my mates NAS to my Server at around 25MB/s .. so it's already showing speed improvements, but the 25MB/s would be the bottleneck of my mates NAS. Once that's done, I'll give a large file between the SSD and RAID a try. :)

Thank you again for helping me out this past couple of weeks to the both of you, by the way. It's been much appreciated!

ikon

np. Hopefully, you will get to pay it forward some time in the future.

pcdoc

Ok, so I've spent this weekend backing up my data to external drives and a mates NAS - and managed to reconfigure my RAID with the write back cache policy. I was patient, and waited the 48 hours it took to initialize the array, and saying that I'm impressed with the outcome would be a huge understatement! Never in my life did I think that my write speeds would boom from 15MB/s to a whopping 800MB/s!! Check out my ATTO Benchmark attached!

attachicon.gifATTO New.jpg

Very impressive.  A future note, set your rebuild priority to the highest setting in the card settngs, and set it to auto rebuild.   If you have to do it again or have to replace a drive, it will complete in about 4-6 hours without you doing anything.

See some of the stuff I did on my site.

http://thedocsworld.net/category/raid/

wellzi

Hey mate, thank you for your reply!

A future note, set your rebuild priority to the highest setting in the card settngs, and set it to auto rebuild.

Already had auto-rebuild, but I didn't have it set to the highest priority. I've done that now. Should be good next time!

And oh. my. god.

Trust me to browse my RAID cards WebGUI now, and find out that I could have changed the cache policy with one click .. Ugh. oh well, I'm glad I did a full rebuild, and actually waited for my array to fully initialize this time before using it.

15% of my dataz is back on the server. :) .. shouldn't be too long now.

Thanks pcdoc for your link, I'll go and check it out!

pcdoc

Good luck and glad you got it all worked out.