RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Unable to Open Files on Server

foy1der

This is a new issue that I have experienced after upgrading from WHSv1. I get the following error when I try to run a file from the share.

RivasKR.jpg

I have tried searching the internets to find quick solutions but what was suggested (changing the local intranet security level to "Low") did not work.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• foy1der

• jmwills

• ikon

Here we go. I'm using "Tim" to access the share. Accessing isn't the issue though.

ZRbjGrv.jpg

Hmm, perhaps I should have removed my FULL name from this. Maybe that's the issue though. My logon is Tim, not Tim Foy.

Nope, the logon name in the server is listed as tim.

How 'bout creating a new user and seeing if it can run the files.? Also, try copying a file from the server to the client PC and then run it, just to see if it works.

I can copy the file from the server to local storage and it works fine that way. But the main, monster, huge issue is that I can't use MyMovies. Which is a big issue considering the accounting department has just started season 6 of Dexter. I can try making a new user and checking that. Would you recommend that I make a new user on both the local machine and the server? Or is a new user on the server sufficient?

Why not try both? Try the new ID on the server to start, then try opening a share on the client. It most likely will give you a login popup, at which time you log in with the new user ID of course, and then try to run a file.

This looks like a firewall or security program issue. Have you tried turning one off at a time to see how this changes things.